Looking for a position as a Dental Assistant that will allow me to gain positive
experiences and increase my employable skills I have acquired from school
and previous work.
Leadership and Communication Skill Strengths
-Well-developed interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
-I ndependent work habits as well as Team oriented
- Responsible, honest and reliable .
- Charismatic, professional, and outgoing
-Able to work well in high stress situations
- Able to grasp new concepts and complete tasks quickly
- Computer literate with good keyboarding skills, understanding of the internet as well as a variety of software including Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
-Have used many different dental office programs such as: Dolphin, Gold, Power Practice, Dentrix, Dexis and I-Cat.
-A ble to manage/coordinate: Tr eatment Plans, Payment Plans, Orthodontic Plans, office ordering
-Dental Assisting Certificate with Orthodontic module, 10 years of working expierience
Looking for part-time or temporary positions.
Dr.Marguerite Duncan Edmonton AB
September 2015 to February 2018
Dr.Seehra and Associates Edmonton AB
Rabbit Hill Dental Studio
August 2012 to May 2014
Dr. Hass and Associates Edmonton AB
Lakewood Dental Center
November 2011 to Aug 2012
Dr. NW Kherani and Associates Edmonton AB
August 2010 to November 2011
Dr. Henry Pon and Associates Edmonton AB
May 2010 to August 2010 and
October 2008 to April 2009
Dr. Kucey- Alberta Implant Center Edmonton AB
June 2008 to October 2008
- Seat patients making sure their comfortable and understand procedures that they will be under going
- Able to take X-rays using dental film as well as digital.
-Assist the Dentist with procedures including- Crown and bridge, Extractions, Implant crown impressions, Endodontic procedures, Composite restorations, Orthodontic procedures, Full mouth reconstruction, Implant surgery etc.
- Polish patient’s teeth as well as administer fluoride.
-Records/Lab – Charting with Dolphin, Dentrix, and Gold. Full mouth series pictures, impressions, pouring casts, fabricating bleaching trays, Essix retainers, custom mouthguards and phase I Essix retainers.
- Book patients for procedures, posting treatment codes, pre-authorizing treatment and printing estimates for procedures as well as explaining to patients their fees
- Take payments, enter EFT cheques, balance and close the day.
- Clean rooms and s terilizing instruments
- I nventory management- order products and new supplies, stay within a budget
- Coordinator Duties- treatment plan coordinator, payment plan coordinator, orthodontic plan coordinator
Treatment Consulting – for surgeries such as implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts, wisdom tooth extractions.
Assist with PRF surgeries
Assist with Botox treatment – photos, re-constitution, loading syringes and charting.
Most Recent duties (including some of the above):
All orthodontic duties- bonding/debonding of braces, wire changing, Invisalign bonding of attachments and buttons
Initial seating, fit checking and trial placement of bands for appliances
Patient education for all treatment and care provided
New Employee/Student trainer – able to train assistants, sterilization techs and reception
Records for Invisalign or orthodontic treatment – Itero full mouth scanning, xrays and photos
Responsible to sending and responding to care emails, DDS referrals, custom letters, surgery letters and records
Invisalign and Inventory management
- Completed high school at Louis St. Laurent 2005-2006
- Dental Assisting Certificate, Graduated in June 2008 at NAIT(Northern Alberta Institute of Technology) in Edmonton
-Botox certificate for dental assistants 2014
-Invisalign training and Orthodontic module 2015
- First Aid and CPR certificate in May 2017
- E dmonton Dental Assistants Association
- College of Alberta Dental Assistants
Available upon request