Linda Christine Swift
Diploma in Dental Hygiene, University of Alberta, Registered Dental Hygienist, CRDHA regulated member
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Alberta, Registered Nurse with CARNA (Alberta)
Highlights of Qualifications
- 16 years of experience as a Registered Dental Hygienist: evaluating, teaching & treating clients in a family practice. Assisted in all areas of dental practice as required, including administration, sterilization consultant, community relations, and dental assisting.
- Completed Nursing Refresher program at Grant MacEwan University, January 2013. RN permit January 2013.
- Volunteer with many community organizations including: Change for Children/Kindness In Action dental brigades to Central America to provide dental care for indigenous people; 5 year board member of the Rocky Knights Soccer Association; school volunteer on many committees and initiatives.
- I am a caring and compassionate professional. I collaborate with team members in the interest of the client and believe in promoting health and wellness. Experienced in the use of client care models to guide professional practice and skilled in manual dexterity required to perform clinical therapy.
At Present Registered Nurse at Sturgeon Community Hospital, St, Albert, Alberta.
2011-2013 Student in the Nursing Refresher Program at Grant MacEwan University, Edmonton, Alberta.
1994-2011 Registered Dental Hygienist, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
1992-1994 Diploma in Dental Hygiene, University of Alberta, Faculty of Dentistry.
1990-1991 R.N. at Yellowhead Youth Centre and Calgary Trail Medicentre, Edmonton, Alberta.
1990 R.N. Medicine and Surgery Float, University of Alberta Hospital.
1989 Graduated from Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta with B.Sc.N.
Current CPR Health Care Provider (C) - April 3, 2013
Current Criminal Record check - January 2013
Advanced Practice Dental Hygiene Education-Local Anesthetic Administration 1999
Skills & Interests
- Contributed to the establishment and growth of a new dental practice.
- Seek education to maintain currency in the workplace and economic environment.
- Assisted in organizing and participated in school career fairs and health fairs.
- Volunteer in a variety of roles and organizations that are important to me, including schools, children’s charities, and nonprofit sports organizations.
Please contact me for references or to answer any questions you may have.