I am a graduate from the University of Alberta Dental Hygiene program applying for temporary dental hygiene work.
- I graduated with honours with distinction from the University of Alberta Dental Hygiene BSc Degree Program.
- During my 1st , 2nd and 3rd year I have received scholarships including:
- The Alexander Rutherford
- Sherritt’s Academic Scholarship
- I have developed skills to be proficient with Axium, Sidexis, Dentrix and Gold.
- Balancing academics, family, sports, and a social life helped me develop myself as a very well rounded, dedicated, and time management oriented individual.
- Sports and my education have helped me become a great team player, improve my communication skills, and helped me to become coachable.
- My educational, clinical and work experience has helped me to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Fort Dental Health Group: April 2016- Present
I currently work full time as a dental hygienist at Fort Dental Health Group.
Park Dental: November 2015- June 2017
I worked as a dental hygienist at Park Dental covering a maternity leave position.
Cactus Club Café 2015
I worked as a server at the Cactus Club Café.
- I had many responsibilities such as answering phones, interacting with customers, taking orders, and organizing reservations.
- As a server I used my communication and multitasking skills daily.
Sherritt Summer Student 2012, 2013 & 2014
- During university I worked full time at Sherritt in the Engineering Administration department in the summer.
- I have acquired many different computer and organizational skills.
Rics Grill 2008-2014
- I worked as a server at Rics Grill.
Sherwood Park Swim Club 2010-2012
I was a swim coach to children four years old and up.
- Shows my leadership ability, dedication, and use of patience in order to help younger kids achieve their goals and improve their skills.
Recent Volunteer Experience
2014-2015, Elders SMILES LTC Program (St. Michaels)
I volunteered to do dental hygiene work at a long-term care facility.
2014-2015, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
I volunteer dental hygiene services at a rehabilitation hospital.
2014-2015, Boyle McCauley Health Center
I volunteer dental hygiene services at a dental clinic put on by students to promote oral health in a low socioeconomic area of Edmonton.
2015, John A. McDougal School
I volunteered dental hygiene services at a inner city school.
2015, University of Alberta Dental Hygiene Admissions Interviewer
I volunteered to be an interviewer as apart of the University of Alberta dental hygiene admissions process for upcoming 2015 admittance.
2015, University of Alberta Building a Community Magazine Photo Shoot
Alexandra Sheppard, Clinical Associate Professor- 780-492-4453
Arlynn Brodie, Dental Hygiene Instructor- 780-492-6883 (w) or 780-292-5808 (c)
Joanne Leakey, Dental Hygiene Instructor- 250-807-6700